14.3 C
London
Friday, June 05, 2020
£1 = 0.00RON / €inf / $0.00

Weekend in Bucharest

Discussion in 'ENGLISH' started by John_Karrah, Feb 1, 2014.

1. John_Karrah

John_Karrah New Member

Hey Prietenii,

I'll be going to Bucharest in March for a weekend and I need some advice from you, about what to do, what to see... I'm not the typical tourist and I'm not the typical "museum guy", I'm more on the party animal side.

Please recommend me good pubs and clubs with good ambient, nice girls, nice Romanian music (Elena Gheorge, Dan Balan, Vescan, Alina Emeria, Fcharm, etc, etc I really love that music) while not being extremely overpriced.

Please also recommend me typical stong Romanian drinks (I'm a heavy drinker afraid of nothing so bring it on) and where to get them. If you also can tell me where I can "gear up" myself for the night that'd be fricking awesome by the way. I heard Ferentari is the place to go for that (please note my level of Romanian language consists in a few phrases and that's it, and Ferentari doesn't look like a friendly touristic place to be honest).

I'll stay in a Hotel in Piata Unirii, please also recommend a reliable cheap scort service with outbound calls to my hotel available, or recommend any red light districts or something? I heard Matasari is the place to go for that. Is it realiable and clean "Amsterdam style" or should I bear in mind I'll find something similar to "Madrid's montera"? I'm not picky by the way, and much less when I'm wasted.

Please recommend me those things, and sorry if I'm breaking any forum rules is not my intention I just wanna have fun!

2. claudiu m

claudiu m Member

liber profesionist
    Recomand Matasari sau Cale Vacaresti gasesti ce vrei , take way sau pe loc ,, preturi foarte chip mai ales pentru turisti straini ,se bucura fetele maxim ,nici nu le vine sa va ceara banii pe serviciile prestate , poate se naste o frumosa povoste de dragoste pe Vacaresti si pleci si cu nevasta focoasa acasa .. Succes si sa-ti fie de bine !

3. sfantu

sfantu New Member

Lol claudiu eu nu recomand deloc zonele alea. Am fost taximetrist in bucuresti si cunosc bine fenomenul. Cel mai bine cauta pe net saloane de masaj si cere sa vina la hotel. Sunt destule care accepta. Si in primul rand sa aibe grika cu transferul de aeroport... hotie mare. Have fun :)

4. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Member

Gasser
    Make sure you meet some nice guys that could help you pick up something nice. There's a big chance of getting gassed by some fool, provided you don't know the language. The best way would be to try silk r0ad or something...

5. glissando

glissando New Member

Go to Strada Lipscani and around there for clubs, bars, restaurants etc. It's very close to Piata Unirii. It's a part of the old town.
    A strong Romanian drink is "palinca". Ask in the bars, some of them might have it.
    I wouldn't go to Ferentari if I were you. But then, I left Bucharest quite a long time ago, who knows, maybe the area has changed. When I left it was still "up-and-coming."
    Dunno about the other stuff, not my kind of fun.

6. sapanta

sapanta Active Member

excellent guide here http://www.inyourpocket.com/data/download/bucharest.pdf

from the airport there is a cheap express bus line 783 or you can order a taxi from the touch screen devices from the airport terminal
    But avoid Ferentari.
    Old Town is close to Unirii, very likely you can walk (at least on the way out)

Romanian strong drink is Tuica (plum brandy) with stronger version Palinka. All traditional restaurants have it.

enjoy!

7. John_Karrah

John_Karrah New Member

Multumesc foarte mult dar eu no inteleg... eu no vorbesc foarte bine. Vorbiti Engleza, va rog.

I'm not after hardcore stuff just some "verdele" you know what I mean? I'm afraid the silk road was overtaken by the feds, and every "seller" claiming to come from there is a scammer. no option -nervos- I have no idea how "socially accepted" is that around there but both where I grow up in Spain and where I live now everybody does it and despite laws it won't put you in much trouble anyway, I don't pretend to offend anyone with my behaviour either when abroad.

What about Strada Lipscani? Any specific club there for Romanian music? I'm not interested in English or International music I wanna listen the Romanian one.

Thanks all for your replies

8. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Member

Gasser
    After 4 weeks of it being taken down, silk road 2.0 came up.
    Being an ex communist country, piff is not as popular as in Spain or UK, but you can still find some cool guys around there. Anyway, 2 of my favourite places are Kulturhaus and Silver Church, but I'm afraid they don't play your favourite music :|

9. iQi

iQi New Member