7.1 C
London
Tuesday, May 18, 2021
£1 = 0.00RON / €inf / $0.00

romanian Kids in UK in School

Discussion in 'ENGLISH' started by thrifty, Oct 20, 2007.

1. cata246

cata246 New Member

All this done,but just 've been run out of the site,for whatever reason,kept coming back to me that something is not filled in correctly(which for me it was-the post code),I'll try again and probably I'll need to lie about my daughter's age,so she'll have it,hope to hear from you.

2. ggabriela

ggabriela New Member

my son started school in the middle of september. after just one week since he came from romania. he had no knowlege of english but he fits in just fine, we also have problems comunicating with him in english, i am romanian and my fiance is english so we speak english at home but i have to speak romanian with him as he doesnt want to speak english
    for 2 weeks now he is in holland visiting my sister. she is married with a dutch citzen but she speaks english with him. from what i undarstand, ge started speaking english there as he had no choise, he speaks english with my brother in law and ive been told he does it quite good (im not there with him)

3. alinutza

alinutza New Member

I think you should be happy he refuses to speak english with you (because at school he will speak for sure) and I wish you will not go through the same experience as us. I brought my son here at 4 years old, he was speaking only romanian at the time and after he learnt english well he choose not to speak romanian anymore he thinks it is easier to use just english and he doesn't sees the point of knowing romanian. Now he is 6 and a half and I speak romanian to him and he replies in english.