14.3 C
London
Friday, June 05, 2020
£1 = 0.00RON / €inf / $0.00

Romanian culture

Discussion in 'ENGLISH' started by John_Karrah, Oct 21, 2013.

1. John_Karrah

John_Karrah New Member

Hi All,

I'm John_Karrah, and I'm a Spanish guy living in the UK for the past 4 years.

I've been studying Romanian for the past 3 months, and started to watch some movies. At the moment I've seen:

-The happiest girl in the world, 4 months 3 weeks and 2 days and Beyond the Hills.

I bought a bunch of DVDs and downloaded another bunch, and I have a lot of Romanian movies, however I've only seen those 3 because those are the only ones that I came with English subs. The rest doesn't have them, and I'm not able to find them either (not even subscene or anywhere). Even the original DVDs I have doesn't come with subtitles, not even in Romanian (btw, what do deaf people in Romania do when they wanna watch a movie?) And this is really annoying because I don't get a single word of spoken Romanian yet.

Does anyone know where can I find subtitles for Romanian movies? I'd prefer them in English or Spanish but if that ain't possible, Romanian subtitles would do the trick, not now but in the future when I get more level at least seeing the written word would be easier with the help of a dictionary.

Actually is not only for learning purposes, the truth is that Romanian drama is weird as hell. I've never encountered movies like that before... It's totally a nonsense and absurdness... and I want more of it!

Thanks fellas, and of course if I can help you with any kind of information about being a foreigner in the UK I'll be glad to help you with my experience, but you will need to ask me in English for the time being ^_^

2. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member

Home Page: