14.8 C
London
Sunday, September 22, 2019
£1 = 0.00RON / €inf / $0.00

Va cer un sfat - Taxi driver

Discussion in 'EXPERIENTA LA SERVICIU' started by dayana_rose7, Nov 19, 2009.

1. justinteixeiravaz

justinteixeiravaz New Member

Nope - we used to recruit lots of Poles, which is why we are based in Poland, but we get many more Eastern Europeans now - especially Romanians - I guess because of the serious Economic situation. We haven't sent a Pole to the UK for more than a year now.

2. eduard34

eduard34 New Member

Stiti ce ma intreb,ca am vazut ca vorbiti de acel test de cunoastere a strazilor.Eu trebuie sa dau examen pe 27 ianuarie pentru taxi driver.Acel examen contine un test teoretic si unul practic,si dupa cate am inteles eu,acel test practic inseamna sa mergi cu examinatorul de la un punct A la un punct B,si te poti ajuta doar de harta A-Z.Acesti tipi care vin prin firmele din polonia,dau doar testul teoretic de cunoastere al strazilor?

Am primit acasa un fluturas de la City Council in care scrie ca trebuie sa raspund la 25 de intrebari in timp de 25 de minute,inca 10 intrebari despre orasul in care stau si inca 10 despre orasul Birmingham.Stie cineva ceva despre aceste teste,ca eu unu sunt in ceata?Poate imi dati si mie un sfat!

Multumesc!

3. justinteixeiravaz

3. Nu ai ce sa vorbesti cu intermediarii. Toate firmele de taxi au nevoie de soferi. Ei te trimit la o firma care e dispusa sa le dea lor un comision care va fi oprit din banii care ti se cuvin tie. La firma la care lucrez eu, s-a anuntat ca oricine aduce un sofer nou va primi £100. Se castiga £500-800 pe saptamana si chiar mai mult daca muncesti 7 zile din 7.

5-800 per week?? Seriously? I think I'll come and work with you, Albea -ras2-

The reason people go through xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com is because we pay for everything until you are on the road, working and earning money as a private hire driver. Sure, if you have the 2 or 3 thousand pounds needed to set up as a driver in the UK then you don't need me. But if you need help setting up then we can cover all these expenses until you are working.....

P.S. And please don't respond by saying it does not cost two thousand pounds to set up as a driver because you will be misleading people. Consider these costs:

1. Air ticket to the UK
    2. Transport from the airport to your new city
    3. CRB check (GBP45.00)
    4. Licencing fees (around GBP300 depending on the City)
    5. A car to drive around the city to learn the streets
    6. Fuel, insurance, tax, etc. for the car while you are learning the streets
    7. Accommodation
    8. Electricity, gas, local property taxes, phone bill, internet connection etc.
    9. Food
    10. Other expenses, of which there are many - cigarettes, beer etc. etc. etc.

Seriously - if you can afford all of this for the 2-3 months that it takes to get on the road in the UK then you obviously have a great job already in Romania -ras2-

We cover all the above expenses and, yes, I get paid for it. It's called work!

Cheers.
    Justin M Teixeira-Vaz

Mesaj editat de ValiB - moderator - cf. pct. 3.3 din regulamentul forumului.
    Please no advertising on forum. Thank you for your understanding.

4. albea

albea Active Member

Taxi driver
    http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/investigation ... er-pr.html
    Imi pare rau sa va dezamagesc, domnule Justin, dar, ca urmare a articolului respectiv in a carui aparitie am fost direct implicat, situatia romanilor din firma respectiva s-a schimbat radical. Soferii de la Lancaster Privat Hire, care erau umiliti de fosta coducere a firmei, au acum o medie a castigului saptamanal de £700 - 800. Incet, dar sigur, englezii realizeaza capacitatea si potentialul de munca al romanilor, dar si proprietatile explozive ale traditionalei mamaligi romanesti. -ras2-

5. justinteixeiravaz

So, Albea - you are recruiting for Lancaster?????

6. silverfern

silverfern New Member

Albea, chiar ma gandeam sa-ti spun ca nu toata lumea intelege cum explodeaza mamaliga. Vezi? Sa mai folosesti expresii d'astea cu struguri acri si mamaliga... -nu-ma-uit-

7. eduard34

eduard34 New Member

Hy Justin

Albea don't want any money for his help!
    And about the spendings,you are right,you need some money to take the licence,because you have to wait and also to learn the streets.In one way you are right,you can help people to take the licence,because not many can aford to spend an amount of 2000 or maybe more,and is possible to not take the licence!

8. justinteixeiravaz

Hi Edurard - I am offering exactly the same advice, also for free. There are three important differences:

1. I am not hiding behind a username - I am happy to reveal who I am and who I work for.
    2. I am telling you about the positive AND negative sides (I am not just saying "hey, come to the UK and earn GBP800/week - which, frankly, I don't believe anyway...).
    3. I am offering to pay the costs of getting the licence.

Cheers.
    Justin

9. justinteixeiravaz

Well, ValiB, I am not in Prague for a start. Also, getting a certificate (I guess you mean the private hire/taxi licence) is not so easy, as you can see from the rest of this thread. Also getting the p/h licence is not the end of the story. If you want to work for a good company then they will have their own test, which is much harder than the licence test. I show people how to do this quickly and I pay for them to do it.

Thanks.
    Justin

10. eduard34

eduard34 New Member

If you know something and we don't,tell us,who is hiding behind an username?

And about your meaning it is fine,you pay for anyone who want to get licence and you will get your money back,with extra cost,but it is your business.The people have to know how much money they will earn and how they will have to pay for your services,because you are not SANTA!I hope you understand my meaning!

I know a guy who want to go with your help,i hope he will not be desapointed.If he will be plesed by your services i will gladly recomand you!

11. justinteixeiravaz

Hehe, OK, fair enough, Eduard. I am not trying to say that we are saints - simply that we work in a clean and honest way and we try to help people because that is our job and it is what we enjoy doing :)

Your friend is welcome to join us if he (or she) can drive, his English is good and he is prepared for some hard work in Poland and in the UK.

Thanks.

Signing off.
    Justin

12. taxiboy

taxiboy New Member

Hello Justin! the guy that Edy speak about is me, so show all that you are right and give them an example with me, I will do a great advertise to your company::). In other order, Edy good luck with the exam I hope you will succeed, actually, I am sure about that. Justin we keep in touch.

13. justinteixeiravaz

Hehe, nice try, taxiboy (whoever you are), but we don't need to prove anything - we have been doing this for a few years now and have helped hundreds of Eastern Europeans find a new life in various cities in the UK. You are welcome to apply through the ejobs website and I will call you for an interview first, in English. Your English needs to be good. You also need to have a clean driving record and criminal record. If that's you then you will be welcome to join us in Poland.

If you want to join your friends in the UK then you are going to have to go the same route as everybody else - Poland involves hard work and studying plus a driving test (in a left-hand drive car).

On a separate subject, a lot of people ask me if they need a passport for Poland or the UK - the answer is NO. You don't need a passport to travel and work around Europe (your i.d. is enough) but we always recommend that you get a passport because it's a very useful form of identification to have for (e.g.) setting up bank accounts etc. in the UK.

Thanks.
    Justin

14. justinteixeiravaz

Hi Taxiboy, I've just seen your mail - yes you are welcome to come with George in February. Please send us a CV in English (I can't give you the email address in this forum) or apply through ejobs and I'll call you for an interview.

Thanks.
    Justin

15. taxiboy

taxiboy New Member

it seems that you confuse me, I already make the first steps, but there is no problem you have so many application it is normally to make a confusion, we will talk much more on the phone and by email, have a good day!

16. albea

albea Active Member

Taxi driver
    Pentru a nu-stiu-cata oara !!!! Luati aminte la intermediarii de mana de lucru. Oricine stie ca fara pasaport nu poti nici macar sa-ti deschizi un cont la banca, ca sa nu mai spun ca de cate ori te legitimezi cu buletinul la aeroport apar tot felul de probleme. Cu buletin (CI) plecati in vacanta. La munca luati-va toate actele cu voi.

17. albea

albea Active Member

Taxi driver
    Finally, who pays you?

18. taxiboy

taxiboy New Member

cica firma de taxi ii plateste comisionul, iar tu ca privat hire tp de 6luni ramai dator la FT leasing (dau un exemplu)platind rata saptamanal

19. justinteixeiravaz

Albea, you are very, very seriously misinformed.

1) You do not need a passport to travel, work, exist in the EU - only an I.D. This includes opening bank accounts.
    2) I do recommend that anybody considering going to the UK gets a passport because it is generally a useful document to have when performing the tasks in point 1.

As for your claims regarding earning GBP800/week they are fantasy. Whilst it does happen sometimes, very few private hire drivers will ever come close to making that sort of money after expenses in a week.

I don't know who you are or who you work for (you keep this information a secret, for some reason) but I have a job to do and I really have no more to say on this subject - it's going nowhere and you can write what you like.

Bye.
    Justin

20. albea

albea Active Member

Taxi driver
    Ok, este un forum public si nu vreau sa las urme de indoiala sau dezinformare:
    - nici o banca din UK nu mai deschide cont romanilor fara pasaport + alt document cu poza (CI sau permis de conducere)
    - niciodata nu va castiga un sofer privat hire din provincie cat unul din Londra. Poate doar pe la o firma obscura de cartier, dar la care nu-i prea vad eu pe romanii nostri sa stea sa lucreze pe maruntis
    Personal, estimez la cca 300 numarul de soferi romani din Londra, din care minim 90% lucreaza cu firme de prestigiu sau la cluburi si hoteluri. Nu vreau sa dau nume de firme pe forum public, dar firmele mari nu accepta soferi de la intermediari, dovada ca acestia nu prea au spor in Londra si isi zapacesc clientii ca este mai bine prin coclauri. Unele firme isi fac direct recrutari in Europa de est fara intermediari. Cat despre castiguri, eu vorbesc din experienta mea si a colegilor mei, (nu am nici un interes sa fac cuiva reclama) si repet ca sa fie clar pentru toata lumea:
    - un sofer incepator la o firma modesta castiga net £350 - 400 pe saptamana, la 12 ore pe zi, 6 zile pe saptamana. Exista o firma mare in Londra care garanteaza un circuit incepatorilor cu masina si combustibilul companiei, un venit net de £350/sapt la numai 5 zile lucrate.
    - un sofer cu experienta medie (cca 1 an) castiga minim £500/ sapt la 6 zile lucrate, 10 -12 ore pe zi.
    - la cealalta extrema, un sofer de executiv la cea mai prestigioasa firma din Londra nu scade sub £1000/sapt

Este bine de stiut ca daca lucrezi mai mult (7 zile/sapt) castigul creste substantial. In general, bonusurile si joburile cash acopera (chiar depasesc) cheltuielile legate de chiria masinii, combustibil si asigurare, astfel ca banii din banca sunt venit net. In plus, in Londra poti schimba compania pentru care lucrezi oricand doresti si ai, slava Domnului, de unde sa alegi in alta parte.

Cele sus-mentionate sunt fapte, nu presupuneri sau estimari. Intermediarii va pregatesc pentru castiguri mici si datorii de platit ca sa va obisnuiasca cu ideea de a lucra cat mai mult pe bani putini pentru aceeasi companie.