30.8 C
London
Saturday, August 08, 2020
£1 = 0.00RON / €inf / $0.00

Problem with NHS - Need a help for my mate.

Discussion in 'ENGLISH' started by martini00004, Sep 5, 2014.

1. martini00004

martini00004 New Member

Hi,
    I have a guy at work, he's Romanian, he's hard working and nice guy, problem is he don't speak much English. He's trying but he live with some Romanian friends and don't know many English people. Due to how my work place is working I see him for about 5 minutes every day so I can't help him much, plus being foreign myself I don't feel competent to teach anyone.
    Anyway, every now and then he's asking me how to do some stuff and it's sometimes hard to explain, I don't know how much he can really understand, he's working for Romanian agency and I've got a funny feeling they don't treat him very well and he simply don't know his rights so I'm trying to help him a little bit so he can join different agency or find permanent work, he got a wife and a little lad to support.
    Latest problem I try to help him with is how he can join NHS, I don't speak or understand a word of Romanian and with his very limited English it's not an easy task.
    Could any of you guys write in Romanian how to join NHS, what documents you need, how to find your nearest surgery and really everything he need to know or he may be asked about in the surgery. He have got some mates who made few phone calls for him in the past but I don't think they speak much English either. He don't even understand the idea that NHS is free an he can just go to the doctor without a fuss as long as he's register.
    He was really ill lately and he didn't go to the doctor or even took any days off because he was sure he's not allowed.
    I don't know his situation in full but my understanding is he don't even have any internet access.
    I will appreciate your help.

2. alessa23

alessa23 New Member

Pentru a te înscrie la GP in sistemul NHS al UK iti trebuie un act de indentitate(fie buletinul fie Pașaportul) si dovada ca stai la un anumit postcode care il cere GP-ul(sunt zone acoperite de anumiti GP si alte zone acoperite de alți GP) important e sa il găsești pe cel care e cel mai aproape de postcode-ul la care stai tu. Asta o poți face fie intrând pe internet unde iti scrii postcode-ul la care stai si GP si afli care e cel mai aproape sau întreaba pe cineva la un magazin din zona . Dovada de adresa este un bill ( abonamentul la telefonul mobil nu este considerat bill) sau o scrisoare de la banca venită pe numele tau si pe adresa ta. Te duci acolo la GP si ei iti dau un formular care trebuie sa il completezi( daca nu intelegi deloc engleză trebuie sa meargă cineva cu tine) dupa care ei iti stabilesc o zi in care iti fac niște analize de baza. Apoi de fiecare data cand te simți sau ai probleme de sanatate trebuie sa suni sau sa mergi la ei sa iti faci o programare la doctorul tau.

Hope this will help!! :)

3. KellyRa

KellyRa New Member

Home Page:
    Hi there,

Thank you for trying to help your Romanian mate. Alessa23 has written good instructions on how to find a GP. The only other thing I would add is the link from the website where you can find a GP Surgery based on the post code or town: http://www.nhs.uk/Service-Search/GP/LocationSearch/4. After pressing the search button and having all the results displayed, you will find a link called "Narrow search" on the top left corner which will open a new screen. There you can filter the results by a series of criteria amongst which is the language spoken. Your friend might be lucky enough to live in an area served by a GP Surgery having a Romanian speaking employee (maybe even a GP) and that might make things easier for him.
    I have written this to you as your friend might need help with the website which is in English.

Best of luck!

4. martini00004

martini00004 New Member

Thank you alessa23 and KellyRa.
    I don't think he got internet where he live, but as far as I can get his brother in law live somewhere near him, they both need to register so information you gave me will be very helpful. They live in a little town and as far as I've just checked there is no surgery listed where they speak Romanian. Once he will go thru the paper work and registration process I think he will be alright because he could explain to me what his health problem is, should be alright at the doctors.

BTW KellyRa - Pinky and the Brain, my favorite cartoon of all time.

5. sapanta

sapanta Active Member