14.4 C
London
Monday, July 13, 2020
£1 = 0.00RON / €inf / $0.00

Improving Home Office procedures

Discussion in 'ENGLISH' started by dst, Jul 5, 2007.

1. dst

dst Member

I have posted previously to let you know that I would be meeting senior Home Office officials to discuss the processes and procedures for Romanians applying for worker registration. That meeting took place today.

Although this meeting was not about the policy of worker restrictions, I am pleased to report that it was very positive and that a number of action points have been agreed.

They include investigating applications that are taking a long time to process and reviewing the various application forms and guidance notes to make them easier to understand.

This dialogue will be ongoing and we hope a result of it will be to make the operation of the worker restrictions as effecient and effective as we can.

To make this dialogue effective I still need to hear about problems you are currently having with the HO. Do they give unclear advice? Is an application form difficult to understand? Have the HO asked for more proof or evidence from you to support your application? Have been waiting more than 1 month for a decision about your application?

To contact me either send a private message through this site or email me on romanianevents [at] googlemail.som. All information is appreciated.

2. otilia

otilia New Member

There seems to be a whole fiasco abut how do they calculate the years of residence in the UK,meaning before/after accesion in the EU...I have difficulties understanding my brothers status as he came after the accesion...phoned them twice asking about rumours saying that after one year of self-employment you can actually get the blue card meaning you are free to take up employment in the uk..well they didnt say much except few years of yellow eventually blue...very bizzare...like they are not payed to provide us the information we request 8-}

3. dst

dst Member

Otilia

On your point about years of residence, there are plans to instigate legal action against the Home Office over its intepretation of the 5 year period needed to qualify for ILR. If you or anyone you know is affected by this I would encourage them to make themselve known to me.

So far as I am aware 1 years self-employed does not grant any general employment right. As a broad rule, to gain unconstrained rights to work in the UK you need to have worked for an employer for 1 year minimum, be granted rights under the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme, or to have recently graduated from a UK college or University. There are also options as a dependent.

These, however, are issues of policy. Although work is underway with the intent of removing the restrictions on A2 workers in the UK, while these restrictions are in place the Home Office should at least make its application procedures easy to understand and efficient. In this thread I am looking more for examples of failures or delays in procedure.

4. otilia

otilia New Member

And how does it work then for people who have a Blue card(free to take up employment in the UK),my mate has it and been here since october 2004,when he will be eligible to apply for permanet residence?

Because Home Office says is 5years,so in two yrs time he can apply for it?!

I know a lot of poeple experiencing difficulties with the Home Office(i.e my friend X been in England since december 2005 on an AU PAIR VISA which was valid for two years but expired two weeks before accesion...she called the HO and she was said she cannot apply for anything at all even though the BR1 form mentioned a limit of 30days of illegality is ok and will not affect...overall she remained without anything and she is very affected by the circumstances.Now she cant do much because the EU allows 90days of residence,but she,s been here for 6mths since accesion)

And lets not forget,when they are being called and asked about information for Romanians and Bulgarians,they are spitting fire

Any advice will be much appreciated