Contabilitate - Tax Return - CIS - Romani in UK

What attracts you to the uk?

For our British friends
62 posts • Page 2 of 31, 2, 3

Re: What attracts you to the uk?

Postby Mutu » Feb 25th, '13, 09:48

You mean this one?

If you're lucky, you might fine some of his gran-gran...nieces around

Last edited by Mutu on Feb 25th, '13, 09:51, edited 1 time in total.
Mutu
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Mutu » Feb 25th, '13, 09:53

The old ladies

The Sphinx

Mutu
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Mutu » Feb 25th, '13, 10:03

Check this link on FB:
http://www.facebook.com/sunt.roman.deci.pot

Or some of these?

The Endless Column

The Gate of the Kiss

Mutu
Contributor
Contributor

Postby londoniana » Feb 25th, '13, 10:23

Douglas' first language isn't English :-)
londoniana
Contributor
Contributor

Postby IPS » Feb 25th, '13, 12:22

londoniana wrote:Douglas' first language isn't English :-)

Unless you have proof to support this, that was uncalled for - like your first comment for that matter.
You should see how some of my Geordie Facebook friends write on there. If you do not know the dialect, you'll understand none of it. To me that was only text speech/facebook speech coming through.

Douglas, to answer your question: it was my hubby -limba- But it worked out very well and there are loads of things I like about being here, apart from having my husband here and his wonderful family that have all accepted me from day 1 (they care about what type of person you are, not where you come from).
IPS
Librar
Librar

Postby Douglas » Feb 25th, '13, 13:32

It is so. Maybe it's that I type too fast and miss words out or my auto correct puts the wrong word in. But also we talk differently from the rest of the uk and use different words. For example for "me" we say "is" lol so instead of "give me it back" we say "give is it back".
Douglas
Discipol
Discipol

Postby londoniana » Feb 25th, '13, 13:55

Douglas wrote:

It is so. Maybe it's that I type too fast and miss words out or my auto correct puts the wrong word in. But also we talk differently from the rest of the uk and use different words. For example for "me" we say "is" lol so instead of "give me it back" we say "give is it back".

Mea culpa. I'm still not convinced but... I do apologize if my comment caused/s you any inconvenience whatsoever.
londoniana
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Mutu » Feb 25th, '13, 18:31

Take it as a joke!
With all the kerfuffle that's in the media these days some of us are a bit caucious with the new members.
On the other side "we" the romanians are perfect in everything we do.
We are the most inteligent, clever, and full of itself nation under the sun.
You better get use with our sick sense of gravity and orientation or at list get a good compass with you.
Mutu
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Douglas » Feb 25th, '13, 19:12

Mutu wrote:Take it as a joke!
With all the kerfuffle that's in the media these days some of us are a bit caucious with the new members.
On the other side "we" the romanians are perfect in everything we do.
We are the most inteligent, clever, and full of itself nation under the sun.
You better get use with our sick sense of gravity and orientation or at list get a good compass with you.

We the British invented gravity!
Douglas
Discipol
Discipol

Postby underdog » Feb 25th, '13, 21:34

We the British invented gravity![/quote]

The apple that fell should recive praise ... not the scientist sleeping under the tree . -ras2- -ras2- -ras2-
underdog
Librar
Librar

Postby Douglas » Feb 25th, '13, 21:46

underdog wrote:We the British invented gravity!

The apple that fell should recive praise ... not the scientist sleeping under the tree . -ras2- -ras2- -ras2-[/quote]

Haha, my fiend says his grandparents are from Eastern Europe his surname is scharlotte is that an Eastern European name?
Douglas
Discipol
Discipol

Postby underdog » Feb 25th, '13, 22:01

Douglas wrote:
underdog wrote:We the British invented gravity!

The apple that fell should recive praise ... not the scientist sleeping under the tree . -ras2- -ras2- -ras2-

Haha, my fiend says his grandparents are from Eastern Europe his surname is scharlotte is that an Eastern European name?[/quote]

Hardly ... probably not .
underdog
Librar
Librar

Postby dromaderu » Feb 25th, '13, 22:45

dromaderu
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Diana22 » Feb 26th, '13, 16:44

Quite funny...I don't believe this unfortunately.I think someone is just "taking a mickey" :)
Diana22
Cronicar
Cronicar

Postby Douglas » Feb 27th, '13, 08:18

I remember seeing someone saying that people in here shouldn't speak engkish because they don't want to forget about their own language.

Well I really don't have a problem with that but that's how people on my country think as well we think if you don't speak English then how can you integrate lol do you integrate well with us. Also this song is probably one of the most important to us.

Since I have no idea how to post a link.
Douglas
Discipol
Discipol

Postby bogdan84 » Feb 27th, '13, 10:05

I was the one saying that @Douglas but wasn't on a serious note, of course I won't forget my own language. Even still, I think using English on this forum won't help integrating in the society. It rather comes down to one's behaviour outside the forum, whether they mix with other nationalities or stick to their Romanian friends.

You may be surprised but a lot of Britons in Australia haven't integrated in the Aussie society, despite speaking the same language, simply because they move to suburbs with a high concentration of British expats, hang out with fellow Britons, still watch British channels and, after years of living there, they still have no Aussie friends. I've seen that a lot.

What I am trying to demonstrate is that integration has less to do with what language we use when chatting to other Romanians but more with the way we go about our day to day lives as individuals in the English society.

Just out of interest, does anyone on this forum play cricket? :)
bogdan84
Senior
Senior

Postby rebecca_uk » Feb 27th, '13, 10:07

Hi, Douglas,

That is not true. Most Romanians do speak English and make themselves understood.
Nor is this article. It's all about politics and the inflamation it is meant to bring about. It fosters unjustified hatred.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... -show.html

And, yes, without this forum, some of us would forget the mother tongue, especially the ones working day in, day out (and living) with English speakers.(once you don't use something, the human natural tendency is to forget it).
Frati romani, va rog eu mult, faceti un efort supraomenesc si lasati capra vecinului sa moara de batranete!
rebecca_uk
Contributor
Contributor

Postby catad » Feb 27th, '13, 12:07

money, money, money,
must be(for sure it is) funny...
vorba celor de la ABBA.
catad
Cavaler
Cavaler

Postby Seb123 » Feb 27th, '13, 12:29

Had the English kept their culture, language and music, and not least, their humanist values to themselves, this would have been a valid question. But since they hadn't, I won't even bother with a too obvious answer :)
Seb123
Caligraf
Caligraf

Postby Douglas » Feb 27th, '13, 13:34

Seb123 wrote:Had the English kept their culture, language and music, and not least, their humanist values to themselves, this would have been a valid question. But since they hadn't, I won't even bother with a too obvious answer :)

Ok so are you saying that our culture is a world wide culture?
Douglas
Discipol
Discipol

Postby Dan » Feb 27th, '13, 13:50

Maybe Seb123 doesn't like the multiculturalism and he likes UK only because he has a better job here.
Or, as you said, your culture (music, language, values) can be accessed almost everywhere.
http://zello.com/channels/k/ceBiO
Dan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ab5174 » Feb 27th, '13, 14:03

Douglas wrote:

Invented ????? -ras2-

Issac Newton discovered gravity.

Newton = 'We the british' ??????
ab5174
Cronicar
Cronicar

Postby Seb123 » Feb 27th, '13, 14:30

I had the feeling my post may be too obscure :) And I have no idea how I might have given rise to the suspicion that I oppose the all-shining multiculturalism.

What I was trying to say is that English culture is very seductive; though it may not necessarily be world-wide as in universalistic, it certainly is penetrating. If you wish, a local culture so powerful that it had become universal. How many trends have come from the UK, and how many people (and how many teenagers), in how many places and how many periods of time had it affected? And through language it has become even more accessible and penetrating. In short, one of the most loved and well known and respected countries in the world. From this points of view, it may be a little redundant to ask what attracts others to the UK.

As for me, what counts the most is the place and the people themselves. Your overall country branding, if I may say so, has irrevocably gotten to me. I'm still in Romania, but plan to come here in a few months' time. What I expect is not necessarily an increase in life quality (though it will be) but in life style. Those that earnestly say they are here just for the jobs and the money should think again. Would they move to, say Saudi Arabia, if they'd be paid better there? To get a little academic, a recent UN study has come to the conclusion that the main driver for worldwide migration is not economics but to escape an irksome (their exact word) local culture. And I know most of the people here can relate to that. I don't mind being poor in the UK as opposed to being middle-class home (and I'm not talking about money here). It's about being part of a better (avoid the word "superior") culture, even as an outsider.

I'm sorry if my answer may border on the wrong side of political correctness, indeed it has become excessive. So, what attracts me and many others to the UK: the answer is you, and the great job that you have done.

(Note: I don't intend to criticise my native culture by this, so please don't jump all over me. I'm just saying it is a mediocre, average one, like the majority, as opposed to a "better" one. Shoot away :)
Seb123
Caligraf
Caligraf

Postby underdog » Feb 27th, '13, 17:14

ab5174 wrote:
Douglas wrote:

Invented ????? -ras2-

Issac Newton discovered gravity.

Newton = 'We the british' ??????

The gravity ... discovered Issac Newton's head . Give the credit to the Apple that falls .
underdog
Librar
Librar

Postby IVAN__V » Mar 3rd, '13, 22:05

What attracted me to the UK and more specifically to North Shields ;) ?
Came for tesco's extra creamy potato salad
Stayed for british girls and fish&chips...my life is now complete.
Also i like british food like pizza and chinese.
Ghidul micului taximetrist
www.romani-online.co.uk/forum/experienta-la-serviciu/obtinerea-licentei-de-taxi-private-hire-4140?start=2490#p171408
IVAN__V
Nobil
Nobil

Postby Dr. Evil » Mar 4th, '13, 16:59

ivan__v wrote: Also i like british food like pizza and chinese.

Si mie mi-a placut Turnul Eiffel din Amsterdam.
Dr. Evil
Nobil
Nobil

Postby dromaderu » Mar 4th, '13, 17:01

Filip C wrote:
ivan__v wrote: Also i like british food like pizza and chinese.

Si mie mi-a placut Turnul Eiffel din Amsterdam.

-bravo- -bravo- -ras2-
dromaderu
Contributor
Contributor

Postby cmircea » Mar 4th, '13, 23:10

Douglas wrote:I'm an Englishman from northern England and I'm curious to what attracts you here?

I've lived here my whole life and I want to move to Florida or Australia

If I knew UKBA would keep my passport for 8 months to get a registration certificate, I would have applied twice :) (sorry :P )
Leaving the jokes aside, you might like Romania better ... http://whydontyoucomeover.gandul.info/
cmircea
Caligraf
Caligraf

Postby Raul Alex » Oct 4th, '13, 12:12

Douglas wrote:
andreivaly wrote:About Romania,You said you want to know more about it.
Perhaps you know about Price Charles who owns a proprety in our country and goes there quite often.Think yourself why.

I can honestly say I've never had a problem with Romanians only Roma gipsies. Last year for the Olympics the press done a scare story about loads of homeless Romanians sleeping rough outside of marble arch and buckingham palace and when it showed you a picture I've never seen any Romanians who dress like that. I want to go to Romania because I want to see that statue carved from stone that's on the face of a cliff.

Douglas, i think u mean the statue of Decebal. We could say that is one of the most beautiful places in Romania, at least over the Danube. My parents are living right there in a small village at about 5 kilometeres from the Decebal statue. So anytime you will consider visiting that part of Romania we could help you with more information about it.
Raul Alex
Cetitor
Cetitor

Postby motherofinvention » Oct 4th, '13, 16:01

@ douglas

what attracts me to the UK:

the massive c**ks of the scotsmen and northern irishmen, unlike the englishmens
motherofinvention
Haiduc
Haiduc

PreviousNext